Outdoor signs and graphics are a critical part of building a brand, increasing visibility and brand awareness, and attracting new customers. In fact, the right type of outdoor signage can boost your sales by as much as 20 percent or more!
Choosing the Best Sign Materials and Design
Outdoor business signs are among the most visible and cost effective ways to market your business. They are visible to everyone in your area 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This is a major benefit over radio and TV advertising, where you can only reach a very small amount of people.
Having a beautiful, well-designed outdoor business sign makes it easier for your business to stand out from the competition. It also helps people remember your brand and come back again.
The best outdoor sign options are based on your specific needs, so take the time to consider what kind of business you have and the location. A qualified, reputable sign company in Austin can provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about your custom outdoor signs.
Common types of outdoor signs and graphics include:
1. Post & Panel signs (or canopy signs) are popular for local businesses or offices with limited space. These are often a more subtle choice than pylon signs and can fit into the environment of your area without overpowering it.
2. Banners and A-Frame signs are great for advertising core products or services at a lower price point than a full-scale sign. These signs are lightweight, portable and durable, and can be affixed to a variety of surfaces.
3. Pylon signs, or pole signs, are a great way to attract traffic and improve your presence on the street. These are ideal for businesses such as fast-food chains, gas stations, car dealerships and shopping centers.
4. Monument signs are a good option for businesses that want to stand out from the crowd, but don’t need a pylon to draw attention. This type of freestanding sign is often 6′ or less and usually has one or two sides with graphics.
5. Backlit signs can help you get noticed when it’s dark, especially if the lighting is bright enough to show up in fog or rain.
6. Acrylic or Plexiglas(r) signs are a versatile choice for your outdoor business signs. These are made with a Methyl Methacrylate monomer that has remarkable tensile strength and comes in a glossy finish to give your sign an elegant look.
7. DIBOND(r) is an aluminum composite that is a great choice for outdoor signs because of its superior strength and durability.
8. High density overlay plywood is another weather-resistant choice for your outdoor business signs. This material is a great alternative to wood because it has a higher flex factor and can withstand more weather exposure.
9. Aluminite is an aluminum-based material that’s also used for outdoor business signs. It has a strong core that’s reinforced with sheets of aluminum to give your sign the ability to handle a greater weight than other signs and resist weather damage, but it’s still lightweight and easy to install.